Certificate in Sanctions Compliance
This certificate provides a thorough understanding of sanctions and an opportunity to explore the recent global trends in economic sanctioning, while tracing the roles of the relevant actors within this complex framework.
You will examine the motives and rationale behind such decisions, the effects and consequences experienced not only by the targeted parties but also those doing business with them, either directly or indirectly.
The certificate is structured to offer the relevant knowledge with reference to practical examples that will enable for a sanctions compliance strategy to be conducted in an effective manner, essential to mitigating the sanctions risk.
• Definition of sanctions
• Framework and legal basis
• The international framework
• Multilateral sanctions
• Unilateral sanctions and key sovereign states
• The legal and institutional framework
• Categories of restrictive measures
• Administration of sanctions
• Managing and mitigating sanctions risk
• Sanctions compliance programmes
• Processes and systems
• Sanctions screening and evasion
Expected Learning Outcomes
Upon completing this certification, you will be able to:
• Understand sanctions and the importance of compliance
• Understand why it’s important to comply
• Review and understand the global sanctions framework
• Define a sanctions compliance programme and governance framework
• Define sanctions lists and screening
• Manage alert investigations
• Understand sanctions risk
• Determine how much your institution is vulnerable to sanctions risks
• Apply modern methodologies that will increase the efficiency and effectiveness of your programme
• Protect your institution from dealing with embargoed individuals or entities
• Understand the best practices for sanctions compliance controls
About The Association of Governance, Risk & Compliance
The Association of Governance, Risk & Compliance
Read more about The Association of Governance, Risk & Compliance
AGRC is a global, non-profit, professional accreditation & certification organisation, as well as a networking platform, that was founded in 2020 and started its operations a year later.
We facilitate the exchange of knowledge and sharing of experiences among governance, risk and compliance (GRC) professionals.
We support our community of multi-jurisdictional GRC professionals in the financial services industry and beyond by sharing their common values, experiences, expertise, and business development opportunities.
There are no reviews for Certificate in Sanctions Compliance yet. Why not be the first one?