Learn all the essentials of how to make luxurious, fragrant soaps, for home, gifts to wow your friends and family, or as an aspiring entrepreneur. Many of our students have gone on to do our Soap and Cosmetics Compliance Course, deepening their knowledge and since have launched their own successful soap business.
Paula, the award-winning founder of Old Bexley Soap & Candle Co., is a member of the UK Guild of Craft Soap and Toiletry Makers, has years of experience making the finest of soaps, and you will be in expert hands. She will take you through the traditional cold process soap, step by step, and you’ll leave with 8 luxury palm-oil free vegan soaps you have made from scratch.
You’ll be in a friendly, relaxed atmosphere. We finish with a delicious Afternoon Tea.
YOU WILL LEARN:
• How to make a beautiful bar of artisanal soap from scratch
• The art of creating your own scent blend from essential oils
• Colouring soap using clays, micas or activated charcoal
• How to work safely with lye and create your own recipes using a lye calculator
• An real understanding of the properties of soap making oils and why we use them
• A crucial introduction to compliance, safety regulations and legalities for the sale of handmade soap in the UK.
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
The course includes all ingredients, the use of soap making and protective equipment as well as refreshments and afternoon tea. You’ll take home a selection of soaps that you’ve made yourself, a beginners recipe and a comprehensive course handout. Most importantly you’ll have the confidence to make soap at home on your own!
Please bring long sleeve clothing.