Request a Date
No payment is required until the request is accepted
This one day Accident Investigation course will give participants the necessary information and skills to enable them to carry out a thorough and effective accident investigation.
This course will provide attendees with the necessary information and skills, to reach the right conclusions, make effective, practical recommendations and thereby make a significant contribution to improving workplace health and safety.
- Accidents & Accident Causation – If an organisation does not properly control risks, the outcome of an accident often depends on chance. Because the outcome of an accident cannot be accurately predicted, the only way to effectively reduce accidents is by controlling the underlying causes of all the different accident types.
- Accident Reporting Process – Reporting of Injuries, Diseases & Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 1995 (RIDDOR)
- The Process – You have 2 top priorities when you are first notified of an accident. The first is to the injured person to ensure that appropriate medical attention is available. The second priority is then to ensure that the area is made safe to ensure no other persons are injured
- Accident Investigation – Every employer has a Moral, Legal & Economic obligation to protect the health and safety of employees while at work
- The Cause of Accidents – During an accident investigation you will be looking for the unsafe acts and the unsafe conditions which contributed to the accident. If you carry out the investigation effectively, then you will find the root cause or causes of the accident
- Facts to be Collated – When you conduct an accident investigation you should be seeking to obtain information on unsafe acts, unsafe conditions, immediate failures and latent failures. To find out these various elements of the accident you need to ask the questions who, where, when, and what, which will give you details of the event
- Reaching Conclusion – Identifying all the failure modes, satisfy all the answers to what, where, why, who etc., and thus identify all the causes of the accident
- Review of Session – Creating an action plan to embed learning.
Managers, leaders, trainers, health and safety officers and anyone involved in health and safety training and/or procedures.
Requirements for Attendees
How many delegates is the course for?
The course is for a maximum of ten delegates per group session.
Which locations do you deliver at?
All of our On-Request courses are designed for delivery at your venue.
Travel to a location within a short distance from our London or Wakefield offices are included in the price. Travel to locations further away can be catered for at an additional cost.
Please contact us if you'd like a customised quote preparing.
About Inovra Group
Read more about Inovra Group
Inovra Group specialises in the provision of training and consultancy to help organisations upskill their teams for future growth.
People are the lifeblood of organisations and investing in training can help your teams drive your organisation to new heights.
Let Inovra's range of training courses help you on your journey to success.
There are no reviews for Accident Investigation yet. Why not be the first one?