A practical ILM Recognised programme for HR professionals who are keen to develop a coaching style of interaction
This programme has 4 half day workshops which are from 9am to 1pm.
It is for HR professionals who are keen to develop a coaching style of interaction either within their teams and/or with business stakeholders. You will develop skills in taking a more engaging, non-directive approach to supporting your business and to encouraging a coaching style of leadership in your organisation.
You must be available to attend all 4 sessions.
The training is held on Zoom and will be a mix of theory and practise. It is an interactive programme and we encourage the use of camera and headset.
At the end of this course participants will:
- Be able to apply a variety of coaching tools, models, skills and behaviours to various HR/business scenarios including conflict resolution, change management, giving feedback and dealing with stakeholder opposition.
- Understand the characteristics of a coaching approach and the benefits and challenges of adopting it in HR business support and interventions.
- Develop the basics of coaching skills for application within their teams.
- Recognise what a coaching culture looks like and the organisational conditions that need to be in place to maintain it.
- Be able to assess their own organisation in terms of its adaptability to a coaching culture and identify the priority focus areas for getting there.
- Understand the basic steps in launching and managing coaching interventions.
- Be able to develop an action plan for their own CPD and priorities for implementation in their organisation.
Evolution of the HR role and the significance of coaching approaches
Where coaching fits in the new CIPD professional standards
Directive/ Non-Directive spectrum of business interventions
Coaching vs Mentoring
Becoming a “Trusted Advisor”
Coaching skills and behaviours in practice: applying the GROW model and alternatives solution-focused coaching impactful questioning and listening gaining stakeholder commitment difficult conversation
Developing a coaching culture in organisations
Action planning and personal development
Assignment & ILM Certificate
Following the workshops, you are invited to complete a short a written assignment with the option of a theory of practical based piece. You would agree a deadline with the Tutor and on successful completion of the assignment receive the ILM Recognised Coaching Skills for HR Professionals. This is a Certification and not a qualification.
If you would like to discuss these options please email email@example.com to arrange a call.
Once you have booked
Please look out for the joining instructions which will be emailed to you 3 weeks prior to the programme, if you can't see the email please check your spam folder.
If you miss the session your booking is not transferable.
John is a Fellow Member of the CIPD and has had a 30-year career in human resource management, most recently as Vice-President (HR) in the global oilfield services sector. He is a qualified executive coach and mentor and regularly delivers coaching and mentoring programmes from the BSC portfolio of courses.