Come and have some fun with clay in the peaceful setting of my studio located in the cottage garden of our home on the Cambridgeshire/Norfolk border.
This 1-day (approximately 6 hours with an hour's break in the middle for lunch) one to one workshop is a comprehensive session aimed at those who wish to have a more in-depth experience, creating pieces which will be made using all the fundamental ceramics disciplines of pinching, coiling, slab building & throwing. The workshops are structured to be fun and creative, and students can let their imaginations run wild during their private tuition. There will be no other students in the studio.
The sessions are hands-on, and the student will be able to use all the studio facilities (clay, various tools and print-making equipment, extruders, the pottery wheel, etc.). At the end of the 1-day workshop, each student can choose up to 6 pieces that they wish to have glazed and fired. Once they have dried sufficiently, I will then biscuit fire, glaze and glaze fire the pieces. These can then be either collected by the student (if they live locally) or I can post them (I have to charge postage & packaging). Each student will also be provided with a certificate of completion.
Please understand that it takes a few weeks for pieces to dry thoroughly and for me to then biscuit fire, glaze, and subsequently glaze fire them.
I also offer a 1/2-day one-to-one or pairs workshop, and both of the 1-day workshops can be 1-2-1 if preferred (please refer to the "Beginners 1-day one to one pottery/ceramics workshop for 1 person").
This makes a great Valentine's, anniversary, or birthday gift - and also opens up the workshop to parents with children.
Contact us for more information or to discuss requirements.
About a week before your workshop date, we'll e-mail you again with more details about parking etc.
We also offer accommodation in the form of our Crafter's Retreat cabin (www.craftersretreat.co.uk) or we can advise of other local B&Bs.
Refreshments will be provided for all workshops, and a light, rustic farmhouse-style lunch is also included for those attending the 1-day workshop - we cater to all dietary requirements.
Depending on the weather/time of year, lunch can be taken either out in the cottage garden or in our country kitchen which has a view over the garden.
Important information at a glance:
1. All tools and materials are included. We have a selection of old shirts available, but the student may wish to bring their own smock/shirt/apron. It’s important that the student wears comfortable shoes and clothing.
2. Rings and bracelets will need to be removed during the workshop (they mark the clay, and you don’t want the clay ruining your jewellery either) – I can provide a pot to put them in if required.
3. Refreshments (tea/coffee/soft drinks) are provided for all workshops, and a light, rustic farmhouse-style lunch will be provided for the full-day workshops - we cater to all dietary requirements.
4. The studio is equipped with a wedging table, extruder, large table for hand building, two Shimpo pottery wheels and a large top-loader kiln.
6. The private session is either for one or a maximum of two people; this ensures that the student gets the maximum benefit from the day with no distractions.
7. The age limit is 16+ or younger if accompanied by an adult.
8. I am insured (IWW/5102205).
9. The student will be provided with a certificate of completion.
10. The student can choose six pieces to be fired and either collected or posted out to them.
11. We can advise of local accommodation for those wishing to stay overnight in the area.